Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tokyo After Dark

Hello again. I've blogged now twice for today, haha I have so many insights! Haha! I forgot to blog about some of the happy thoughts I've accomplished for this past few weeks. I just came home from my Marikina City trip... It felt good reading a good book on my jeep ride going there. I finally got something from my very old wishlist that I have...

Finally crossed out "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami in my ancient wish list


For SOOOO many years (since 2008/2009?) I wanted to get a copy of Haruki Murakami's book: "After Dark" I didn't realize it took me how many years since I got it. Imagine it took me 3 years?? Well... there's a petty reason behind that. I wanted to get a copy with this cover:

I wanted to get this After Dark book but I couldn't find this version
But... it took me year to even find a copy of "After Dark"  
But it took me how many years to even find a copy... so when I saw this one last copy in a bookstore in Makati... I just grab and bought it.

And now I'm currently reading it. I'm enjoying it... So far... It's one vivid book I say. Murakami's description of each places, happenings are picturesque. I imagine being in Shibuya after dark... because of the neon lights I knew that feeling... waiting for the train to open at six o'clock in the morning since cab rides in Tokyo are too expensive.

Tracy & Veejay going down the
Tokyo Subway on our way to
Roponggi
I remember our Roponggi night out when I was in Tokyo with Veejay and Nicole... It was fun but not my thing... Plus there's this offending connotation when old men learned that I'm a Filipina. Ugghhhh I hate that. I am educated you know! Not all Filipina's are what you think they are. But as the night came by... I remember walking back and forth to Roponggi looking for Veejay... It's a cold night to stay out and my mini skirt, leather jacket and winter tights doesn't warm me enough for that night. I remember bottled water costs 700 Yen?!? Haha. What an expensive water that was. It was an interesting night... I danced with so many people, there's this French guy whom I danced with... It was so fun! haha. I remember there was this drunk Japanese guy who wanted to kiss me. My gosh. People! It was an interesting night out for me since I don't usually go on bars like that here in Manila. I am both amused and shocked. Imagine... at my old age of 26 I don't know how to go "clubbing" haha. I remember going back to our hotel room in a brand new Benz... Thanks to Nicole's date he drove us back in our hotel in Shinjuku. Haha. My fond memories of Tokyo!

Anws, I want to get back to my reading... and sleep earlier today. I'm off to Divisoria tomorrow... But before I bid my "goodnight's" I want to share this memorable quote from Murakami's After Dark:
"If you really want to know something... You have to be willing to pay the price..."
-  Tetsuya Takahashi from the novel "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami  

Well... That's it for now... I hope tomorrow will be a more fruitful day. I hope. Crossing fingers as always! Good night!

3 comments:

  1. you always have these deep, interesting insights about the littlest things..nakakaaliw basahin ang blog amidst all those kababawan na fb posts and vain beauty and fashion blogs that i read everyday..when i read your blog, parang nagiging matalino na din ako kasi lumalalim yung pag-iisip ko..haha

    i'd continue reading this blog even after your giveaway promo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! I really appreciate you reading them! I do hope you win! You're one of the few who was constantly readng! ^_^ Super appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. You used to talk a lot about Murakami before. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤