Saturday, February 05, 2011

Tsureishi: The Murakami Addict (...and some other grandiose fantasies!)

I don't know if it's just a phase... or perhaps I'm fixating on Murakami to get over some not-so-long-ago wounded past. Or may be I'm just bored. But eversince I finished reading "After Dark" I kept wanting to read more and more of his novels.

I just have to quote this line from my Murakami Book#1: "After Dark"... I find this like heartfelt and sentimental yet humanly real:
"You know what I think?" she says. "That people's memories are maybe the fuel they burn to stay alive. Whether those memories have any actual importance or not, it doesn't matter as far as the maintenance of life is concerned. They're all just fuel. Advertising fillers in the newspaper, philosophy books, dirty pictures in a magazine, a bundle of ten-thousand-yen bills: when you feed 'em to the fire, they're all just paper. The fire isn't thinking, 'Oh, this is Kant,' or 'Oh, this is the Yomiuri evening edition,'...while it burns. To the fire, they're nothing but scraps of paper. It's the exact same thing. Important memories, not-so-important memories, totally useless memories: there's no distinction--they're all just fuel."
-Korogi from the novel "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami
After reading my Book#1, I found out that Murakami's Norwegian Wood was made into a movie! I want to watch this badly! Knowing myself... I'm such a sucker for foreign films... especially Asian Films. ♥ I wanted to  get a copy of Norwegian Wood but sadly, Fully Booked in Cubao ran out of copies. But definitely I'll  have this book one of these days. Even if I have to scour every bookstore in Metro Manila!! Moreover, I really badly want to watch this film. I hope I get to find a DVD copy that in the streets of Quiapo. Look at the very nice movie trailer... it's brooding with drama... and the musical scoring is perfection. Gotta love The Beatles!

"The grief over a death of someone you loved can never be healed. We can only live with the sorrow and learn something out of it. To love somebody deeply... To live strongly... "


I don't why I'm really fixating on artsy films lately. May be because I need to right a screenplay sometime soon? Perhaps? Yeah may be the universe conspired to put me on movie-television-independent film jobs for that reason... To make the ultimate movie. Haha. Me and my grandiose imagination. Yeah I will be in Cannes Film Fest like my dear friends and colleagues Digo Ricio and Armi Cacanindin... you both are my model epitome of world class Filipino Artists. I am honored you got me as your costume designer for some of your projects.*Naks*


Digo Ricio and Armi Rae Cacanindin
from Cannes Film Festival in France!!
Me and my grandiose dreams. I can never get enough of it. sometimes I think I am stuck in my own world. But who cares... I like to live in it. haha... Being a single mom (take note of SINGLE and not being MARRIED and being so INDEPENDENT) working and making my creative vision into reality, reading a good book, blogging and writing again, re-learning simple basic things such as Patience, Love and Dreams. Oh believe me, I should relearn about PATIENCE haha... I think I blew-off few among of my heartfelt "should-have-been-a-relationships"  because I am so impatient. It's okay, I've learned to forgive myself... We live, we learn.


Anyways, sorry for drifitng from my original blog topic. Haha I am so loopy. I got my Murakami Book#2: Sputnik Sweetheart this week (since Norwegian Wood is unavailable) and I thought I wouldn't like it... but I did. On the first few chapters I thought it was a boring book but when the middle part came I realized that every page was better than the last, and by the end I was entirely hooked up with it... I didn't realize the last page of the book was the last. I even got the book cover that I wanted:


Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami this is my favorite cover version
The novel is set on that fashionable place in Tokyo- Omotesando and somehow I'm so fascinated that I could really imagine the characters dressed up with the likes of the people there. It's fancy. haha.


I like how the novel lives on human longing. I find it so unpretentious how people in the real world pretend to be not lonely and how some pretend to be lonely for attention. In the real world where everyone wanted to be noticed and put on a show, everything is about drama and theatrics. I like how Murakami write about the vivid simplicity and sentimental longing of people... I felt so untainted.

And haha. Please forgive my naughty nature. The sensuality of some lines in the book is really convincing. haha I think anyone who would read it would have a hard on. haha. (Read my favorite part in the book haha)
"Without a word Sumire took my had and gently squeezed it. Her small soft hand had a faint sheen of sweat. I imagined her hand stroking my rock-hard penis. I tried not to think that, but couldn't help it. As Sumire had said, there were no other choices. I imagine taking off her T-shirt, her shorts, her panties. Feeling her tight taught nipples under my tongue. Spreading her legs wide, entering that wetness. Slowly into a deep darkness within. It enticed me inside, enfolded me, then pushed me out... The illussion grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I closed my eyes tight again and let a concentrated clump of time wash over me. My face turned down, I waited patiently for the overheated air to blow above me and away."
-K from the novel "Sputnik Sweetheart" by Haruki Murakami
Steamy lines, right? haha.


May be someday I'll get to write like this. I wonder may be when I retire to be a fashion designer... I be a writer. Haha. I wrote a poem years ago. I think it is still the best I wrote up to date.

"In All Senses"
by Tracy Dizon

Wrap your arms
Around my waist
Eternal bliss I feel
With your embrace
Caress my cold skin
With your cozy fingers
Let my soul escape
In the heavens, it lingers
Let my hair flow low
To dampen your face
Let me feel your humid
Breath, your spirit's trace
Kiss me behind my ears
And whisper the intense
Sigh I crave to hear
Face to face, we're so close
My nose bumping into yours
So close, the only one I see
No walls, no ceilings, can't see
In my peripheral visions
Let's get comfy in
Our perfect position

- Tracy Dizon, December 04, 2008 15.29 hours (Manila)

Is it at par with Haruki Murakami's? Haha. Not! But still I loved this poem I made. I think it is my perfect depiction of the art of making love. 

Anyways, you will definitely soon be seeing another Murakami blog update. I will scour later this afternoon for Norwegian Wood. And yet I have to write another blog update for posterity's sake. I am sentimental. hehe.  

2 comments:

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤