Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Tie that Binds






"The Tie that Binds"


This wedding gown is inspired by the concept of "tying the knot" in weddings. Highlights on the knots made by strip fabrics of illusion tulle and pinya fabric. An asymmetrical cut ball gown inspired gown, with a grandiose bubble bouffant skirt of rich satin fabrics, highlights the grandiose fantasy of a bridal gown. Accented  with crystals and beautiful head piece fit for any elegant bride completes this beautiful ensemble. It's a modern out take on elegant minimalism and surrealism on a bridal gown.


Tracy's Footnote:


It's a matter of luck... No matter how good of a talent you are. It will always be about luck and streak of wins. 

May be my winning streak is over and I don't get to be chosen anymore. It makes me a little sad of course... but it shouldn't matter so much. Contests like this is just a game. The most important thing about contests like this is I get to learn and get to have fun tickling my mind with ideas and concepts. But of course I'd be really happy if I get my winning (well, I don't really win but I closely get chosen) streak back. 

But I like joining contests, it is where I get to challenge myself with concepts and interesting ideas. As a practicing fashion designer~ I don't get to do always what I want. I also have to consider the client and sellability. With contests, it's a total creative freedom! 

On that note I post this contest poster, because the poster looks nice. The contest is on August 27, 2011. I wonder when will they announce the finalists?

Well, good luck~ The Mermaid gown looks so marvelous btw... I just love that drama. But It doesn't fit my petite and scrawny built. hehe.  

2 comments:

  1. this illustration is just WOW!!!
    totally GORGEOUS and BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don'T you make this kind of design anymore?

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤