Saturday, July 16, 2011

In the Spirit of New York...

This blog entry (and the next succeeding entries) are most especially dedicated to Taka in the spirit of his coming trip to New York. I envy you in green


New York... You inspired me with my best works
Everybody knows that I am the ultimate New York freak-girl. I miss loving New York, actually. It's been a while since I've obsessed about you. But you know I still love you, right? You should! From every Gossip Girl episode I've watched 2-3 times a week, Sex and the City marathons and so much more. You know, I love you, keikei?


You inspired me with my best works and for that I am forever grateful. You gave me the best hopes of my life to see you again and seek life with you. But it has't been easy. I gave up on you so many times and you've broken my heart so many times that sometimes... Gave me false hopes, you've broken my heart so many times. But still my love for you still rakes the best creations I have made in my life. Someday, we'll see you. Atreyu heard so much about you, you know... It would be such a shame if you don't meet someday. 

As Taka goes to New York, it's so much fun to relive my daydreaming days, fantasizing how I wanna see New York. May be a little bit different from how I want to see New York a few years back... But there's still so much to love about you.  If I was to visit New York I'll probably want to see these may places... Haha this sound like my Version 2.0 of my old blog before... "Pag punta kong New York..." ("When I come to New York") I'm writing so happily now thinking about New York


John Lennon, the legendary
adopted New Yorker  (he's Brit)
A Walk in the Park~ Central Park


It must be a cliche and I've said this a million and a half times already but I'd say it again... I wanna see "Strawberry Fields" ~ the memorial place dedicated to music legend, John Lennon. John Lennon was shot dead in New York City in the 80's. John and Yoko were strong advocates of peace back in the Vietnam War Days... This memorial area for John Lennon must have such serene feeling to be. The famous line, "Imagine" brings me goosebumps. It must be such a peaceful place to see. 

"Strawberry Fields" 
Photo c/o: Gelo Arucan


"Let me take you down coz I'm going to.... Stawberry Fields... Nothing is real"
Photo c/o: Gelo Arucan


Pop Art: MoMA.


The Museum of Modern Art
I have always considered myself as a faithful Modern Art advocate. Art is everywhere and  not only contained in art schools, critiques and exclusive groups. The Museum of Modern Art is the home of the most revolutionary modern art in art history. It's just exhilarating and stimulating... to generate beauty in unexpected things, places, matters and ideas... MoMA should be one of the Mecca of any artist at heart.  Andy Warhol's legendary pieces: Marilyn Monroe, Campbell Soup... Roy Lichtenstein's are few of my personal Pop Art pieces. I wish I could see them i real life and have a "moment" with each pieces. It must be such an inspiring moment... to connect with them in real life. If I was to go to New York this is definitely a must see place and I'll probably get myself a postcard from there and send it all off to my postcard friends! I'll take an artsy photo shot of myself with every artwork I love and I'll probably look at them always haha! Someday. For now, I am happy to look at my friend's Facebook pages with MoMA pictures. 

Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe: I'm so inspired by this!
Someday... I will get to have a picture like this with the Campbell Soup Paintings of Andy Warhol...
... or with Roy Lichtenstein's "Drowning Girl"

The Eclectic  Greenwich Village

Betsey Johnson's famous apartment
in Greenwich Village
Thanks to my Fashion Goddess... Betsey Johnson... Whom I respect sooo much from the day I decided to aspire to be a fashion designer... I now have this fascination for the eclectic place of the Greenwich Village. I don't really know what to see there but I'm just fascinated with it. I heard it's the "Bohemian Capital". So it must be interesting to see.








The Eclectic depiction of "Bohemian Greenwich Lifestyle"
The NYC Subway

NYC Subway Photo by:
Armi Rae Cacanindin
Of course, as I've said before and time again, I love train rides. I've never been in the NYC Subway. Must be scary haha! But I still look forward to the day that I can see the real deal with them. Must be a great adventure to have. To get lost to find my way... To see different faces of the real New Yorkers. The Subway is the ultimate New York Adventure! The hardcore fast phased urban city life. This is the Urban Jungle! Oh Someday I'll have a train photo with in NYC! I promise that!





Subway Art Photo by: Armi Rae Cacanindin

More Subway Art by Armi Rae Cacanindin


Grand Central Station Photo by: Armi Rae Cacanindin
"The American Dream" 


The Larger than Life NYC
A romantic notion, as cliche and as a fairytale. The idealistic thought of "All men are created equal". May be I live by this romantic notion may be sounding as derangement as I could be. As long as I'm living,New York will always be my "American Dream" where people are diversed, ideas are as high at the city's skyscrapers  People from all walks of life live. Live as free human beings. May be it's time to dream of NewYork again. Aim higher while I live my life everyday. Thank you, my dear New York. You will always be my spark of hope. My race may seem to be a marathon than a sprint. But I will get there.


Busy streets everyone going somewhere...


... I suddenly remembered this lines from "Memoirs of a Geisha",


Sayuri
“Every step I have taken in my life since I was a child… I have taken in the hope of bringing myself closer to you.”
- Sayuri, "Memoirs of a Geisha"





***
Bring my love to New York, my love for you, both.  As I dedicate this entry for you, I'll wish you to be filled with such overwhelming great feeling of hope and optimism to the future. New York will be good for you. Someday I'll see New York with you...

2 comments:

  1. Wish you could be in NYC someday... Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no desire to go anywhere now, please go as wherever you feel like country hopping.

      Delete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤