Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chungking Express: Expiration Date



"We split up on April Fool's Day. So I decided to let the joke run for a month. Every day I buy a can of pineapple with a sell-by date of May 1. May loves pineapple, and May 1 is my birthday. If May hasn't changed her mind by the time I've bought thirty cans, then our love will also expire."
- He Zhiwu, Cop 223 from "Chung King Express" by Wong Kai Wai


All good things comes to an end. I love that movie Chung King Express. It opened my appreciation with Asian Films in general... It has a fresh vibe into it. Asians are more reflective than Westerns for me I think. I feel the closeness and the introspective nature of each character. Plus it has a sweet plot!

1 comment:

  1. This crisis term at that time made you write a heavy post.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤