Friday, April 06, 2012

Toreishi-San ha Nihongo wo Benkyoushimasu

Module 1: August – October 2011

August 2011: Coreen and I having fun in class!

So… I started studying and formally learning Nihongo few months ago… August 2011 to be exact. It was exciting at first because Coreen and I just thought we could try it out so we could watch Japanese films in the local vernacular. Since we have lovely friends in Tokyo and we love the quirky & unique culture… it was no doubt we got interested to learn something new. 

Hehe. Plus my boyfriend is Japanese… it would definitely be interesting to learn his native language. Haha. (This should be the main reason actually haha) 

Even if we’re always late…
we are Fashionably late! LOL







I have to save this because I keep forgetting my Japanese Katakana Name haha!
So we enrolled for the first module! It ran for three months, every Saturdays. It’s facilitated by the Department of Linguistics Asian Languages in U.P. Diliman. When we started Module 1, I was so happy and I felt at home right away because Fara-Sensei used to be my foreign languages professor in Mandarin back in college. She’s really good1 I’m so happy to be in her class! 

Atreyu the semi-enrolled Nihongo Student haha




But three months can suddenly take too long for classes… Coreen became busy with doctor and business stuff especially on weekends so eventually I had to attend classes alone… But technically I wasn’t alone coz Atreyu comes along with me in class. He just quietly listens and try to copy the notes on the white board… He always cheers for me when I take quizzes… It was still fun! 

I wish I could spend more serious time learning and mastering the language… It was hard for me to memorize Hiragana and Katakana… coz memorization has always been my weakness… But I just keep writing and practicing anyways. I actually enjoy practicing but I’m so OC about it! I keep writing until it’s pristine! Haha! 


Must keep on practicing!! I suck!!!
I almost didn’t get to complete the class because I had to leave for my much awaited Tokyo Trip then became busy on the latter part of 2011 of clients and events. But luckily, I (barely) passed my final exams! I was able to qualify for Module 2 and I got to enroll for the next cycle this January 2012! 


Whooohooo!!  I passed!!

Module 2: January – March 2012

First photo in Nihongo Kurasu Module 2~
I always look forward to attending class
and taking photos after class!
I started Module 2 with much zeal and enthusiasm… Jona-Sensei seemed very fast phased and really hands-on. I was overwhelmed during our first class because I’m still a bit rusty with my Hiragana and Katakana. My classmates seemed more advanced and seemed so fluent already! It was so overwhelming!

I don’t know why 2012 seemed more limiting with regards of time. I had the same job and with even less going out… But I felt busier with Atreyu’s schooling. As much as I wanted to study longer times… My time came more limited.

I always try to write neat notes
but gets messed up during class!
But I still tried harder… I always make these neat notes in class but because the class was so fast I ended up messing it up all over again! I sadly skipped some class due to work and other matters. But I really wanted to attend even if I’m so slow learning…

But nonetheless, Module 2 was really fun! I especially enjoyed the film viewings we had… I especially love "Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo" It was a really quirky TV Series! I actually wanted to watch that series! But I failed to copy from Jona-Sensei!


Watashi ha terebi drama ga suki desu! (did I get it right? haha)
I love this funny TV series!!

I actually enjoyed Module 2 with much of what I learned because I got to learn how to roughly construct some sentences on my own. I wanna learn to construct some sentences so I can write a short love letter to Taka in Nihongo. I actually asked him to write me a letter in Nihongo and it would be my motivation to study harder… So I could decipher a love letter from my Kareshi haha!

Well I only know basic like reasoning, telling time, writing names… on my final exam I am so proud I have composed a whole paragraph telling about my experience in learning the Nihongo Language. It’s a bit rough and may be broken… but I’m so proud because I constructed it all by myself.

I wanna share it here of course haha please be kind.

日本語 の べんきょう が むずかしい; わたしわ 母 と ファション スタイリスト と デサイナー です から。わたしわ べんきょう の 時間 が ありません。しかし、わたしわ 日本語 クラス が すき です; これ わ おもしろい です から。日本語 クラス わ たのしい です; わたしわ 日本 ぶんか と ポップカルチャ も べんきょうしました。しかし なりよりも、わたしわ いま 日本人 かれし と 日本語をはなします。かれし わ たのしい です。わたしも たのしい です!(^_^)

English Translation:

Studying Nihongo is difficult because I am a mom, fashion stylist and designer. I don't have study time. But, I like Nihongo class because it is interesting. Nihongo class is fun because I learned about japan culture and pop culture too. But most of all I (can?) now talk to my Japanese boyfriend Nihongo. He is happy. I'm happy too!

During the last day of our Nihongo Kurasu… We had a nice cultural appreciation day when we were asked to make some interesting reports about Japan. I was so so so so excited about it haha! I met new friend who like Japanese Fashion too! Thonnica-San and Myles-San are two lovely girls I met in class and they always enjoy my stories. Haha I always have lots of stories about Japan…

Fun talking about Japanese Fashion of course!
It was really a fun! I learned about different stuff about Japanese culture… Some of my classmates reported about Kaizen, Japanese Bathhouses, Bento Meals, Dances… It was a lovely feeling sharing appreciation with my classmates.



Well, roughly I hope I can catch up and really pass my Module 2 Class… The Module 3 runs next month again. This summer, the department offers classes for kids too! I want Atreyu to join and he does too! I really hope I can enroll… But I’m kinda contemplating if I could make it this time. I badly-badly wanna go to Tokyo this May and at the same time Atreyu’s school fees is coming soon.

Japanese and Korean Classes for Kids!! Must be so cute to see kids learning foreign languages!

Module 3 I hope I can make it!!

I wish I could do them all… but nonetheless if I get to make it this cycle… I’ll definitely try. I hope I improve my Kanji! I’m so slow!!

Ganbatte!

3 comments:

  1. wooow~~
    it is still my goal to learn formally the language... but it's kinda expensive for me... kuuuhh, i'm so jelly~~
    but really, taking japanese class and meeting new friends with as much love to japan as you are must been awesome :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it when you were interested in studying Japanese. You were so excited then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only liked me in the shiny jolly parts, like a typical user and consumer, you threw me out when I'm no longer of use to you.

      Delete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤