Monday, September 17, 2012

Curry Meal at BARBA 下北沢

I love the ambience of Barba! 
One noteworthy place we went into Shimokitazawa was this Curry restaurant ~dining bar Barba (BARUBA). I was craving for some curry and rice by the time we got to Shimokita and I was really so happy with the meal we had in this place. I love curry of course. But I also love the ambiance (and it has a smoking area conveniently for me haha)I really liked this restaurant for both the food and the ambiance... even the bathroom is themed with the whole ambience of the place. The fancy vintage looking chandelier did it for me. Haha! It truly fits with the "Vintage-Artsy" vibe of the Shimokitazawa area, indeed!



Taka & I were waiting for our meal! haha!
Despite the rainy afternoon... We enjoyed cozily our lunch here. Hehe.

I was actually so surprised with the serving of our meal! This is alot!! I got two types of Chicken Curry, Salad and Fried Chicken too! Haha! Am I not hungry or what??


Our big meal! Itadakimasu!!
... and of course I must say this is one of the biggest served "Nan" I've ever seen in my life. Haha! This is HUGE!! It even exceed the plate!


HUGE NAN!!!
And yes... I was able to finish my meal and Taka's salad (because he doesn't like mayonnaise in any of his food) and rice too in exchange of this huge nan that I can't finish. Haha!

Well, I don't wanna sound like a wannabe endorser but if anyone would be in Shimokitazawa (or may be for my own notes too) I'll place here the info's of Barba...

BARBA 下北沢 

Chairs building 2F, 2-14-5, Kitazawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, 155-0031
BARBA Map 

Dining bar, Izakaya (Japanese style)
Open everyday
11:30-15:00 (14:30)
17:00-03:00 (02:30)
No Service charge and no cover charge!!
Meal price range: 2,300Yen (lunch:680Yen)

I'll definitely visit this dining bar again! I miss the curry here very much!!

3 comments:

  1. this nan was so sweet. i am always a nan fan haha. a big relief is that you ate my mayo salad haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this restaurant probably one of my most favorite in all of my JPN Trips!

      Delete
  2. Oh there s a post about this cirru itself. This was the best.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤