Thursday, October 04, 2012

Kamikazari Love

I  want this PINK Kamikazari! 
BIG 30 Wish#4: Since I am a headpiece designer... I wanna experiment with different headpieces around the world... (Excuses-excuses! Haha!) I just simply love kamikazari~ kanzashi (I dunno what's the right word between the two). It would be nice to get one of these beauties for my BIG 30!! Haha!

August 2012 ~ Kamikazari in Asakusa
Before anythingelse... I wanna share this kawaii diagram of the parts of a Kimono Ensemble... I actually got this from a Kimono Shop Catalogue~


Parts of a Kimono Ensemble
I remember asking my kareshi for this for our first year anniversary gift... I always wear it on special occasions nowadays. This made me so happy! 

Thank you, Taka for the nice gift... I love this very very much! It's so precious to me!
I was thinking of studying the design of Kamikazari ~ Kanzashi to incorporate with my fascinators and headpieces... But I haven't done it yet because I want it kept safe. It's really precious to me!

As soon as I received it in the parcel, I wore it right away in Project Runway Philippines Season 3 Final Runway Show... I really love how it accented my quirky look for that event.

Toreishi at the PRP3 Final Runway Show Ramp! Hehe.
I love my OOTD!
I even wore it in Harajuku and it still look lovely! 
Hehe. This blog will just be short and sweet... for my BIG 30 Wish#4... I want a nice Kamikazari in PINK and please also note I want those with cascading petal accent! Okay? 

5 comments:

  1. the last sentence haha "please also note I want those with cascading petal accent! Okay? " so bossy haha. but im glad you like the kamikazari. it fits to you and you should wear it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is what the headdresses normally partnered with kimono/yukata are called. Wow. *u*

    I really do think it looks nice even if it's not partnered with traditional wear. Hmmmm, might try that out sometime once I find one in the Philippines. Teehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Kamikazari! They're so pretty! A bit pricey though... For a clip-on like mine costs 3,500JPN but the quality and the nostalgia it brings is priceless

      I wanted to design hairpieces inspired by them actually I always love them :-)

      Delete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤