Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hippie-girl Tracy at 18! Blast from the Past!

As multiply will soon shut down it's inevitable to go back to memory lane. Well, today is one of those days when I saw few of my college days magazine clippings... Back then almost 12 years ago... When there was no lookbook.nu yet and only few had digicams or DLSR even.

It's so serendipity when this "Vintage OOTD" was taken, it was my last days in Miriam College when I was transferring course and university. Yup, I was (and I'll always be) a Knoller from elementary, highschool and a year in college! Haha! Proud!

"Tracy Dizon, 18" for 17's Eye of Seventeen Magazine August 2001 Issue
I can barely remember how this interview went, but I remember I was applying for honorable dismissal already to transfer to UP Diliman for BS Clothing Technology Course during these days. This was actually taken on the summer of 2001 but magazines scour their material ahead~ 2-3 months ahead.

Somethings never change... After 12 years... I'm still that 18-year-old girl who likes to hang-out in the U.P. Sunken Garden and still loves heirlooms and vintage clothes. (Multiply poorly saved this scan and I can barely read the caption but as far as I remember...) I was asked where I hang-out,  where I got my clothes etc. It's so nostalgic that I still am that same girl.

Before I entered U.P. Clothing Technology, I was obliged to take some business course but went against the family norms and took a big leap. It was a hard road of finding my place... but never regretted that I followed my heart and chose my passion as my career. I almost gave-up but the universe pulled me back in when some roads seemed to be a dead-end. May be that's how the universe works... passion, determination and fate.

Haha. So sentimental!

I wonder where are these clothes are now! I should wear them for more blast from the past! Haha!



"When a person really desires something the universe conspires to help him fulfill his dreams."
-Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist


10 comments:

  1. haahahaha.. that's so cute. i wish i have something like this >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The hippie top? I got it from my aunt and she wore it during the 70's! haha! heirloom indeed!

      Delete
  2. Awww nene days! So fun to relive and see hihi :)
    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very nice. you are still passionated and powerful like 18! your are forever young haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow passion indeed! lets give it all for the things that we really love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your photo in the past. It looks fresh forever.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤