Tuesday, May 21, 2013

PART 3: Village Vanguard ~ Artsy Fartsy Homage! The Beatles~ Andy Warhol~ Yayoi Kusama!

Yet another Village Vanguard Post. Hehe. Part 3. What I also enjoy about window shopping and shopping-shopping in Village Vanguard (God forbid I don't shop for anything I don't really need) so I just resort to taking pictures instead.

THE UNBEATABLE BEATLES NOSTALGIA
What I also enjoyed here is the influx of Pop-Art Notalgia and the classics... I was such a crazy Beatles fan girl when I was in Fourth Grade (YES, when I was 10 years old and they were 30 years disbanded then) everyone in my class thinks I'm such a weirdo and a freak for liking The Beatles but hey... I just love them. If I was still as crazy fan girl like before, I would have died seeing all the Beatles items in Village Vanguard...

This may have been just paper bags... But for a Beatles freak, this is WOW!! 


I remember a schoolmate of mine way back in elementary gave me an ABBEY ROAD Keychain as omiyage when she came from a UK Trip... I treasured that for the longest time... (See... I even blurb about it here without any sense? Haha) So every time I see an ABBEY ROAD Album Photo like this, I still remember that time in my elementary days.

The Beatles ABBEY ROAD Paperbag!

When I was 18 years old, I got a chance to see The Abbey Road on a short trip to London. It was nostalgic... The Beatles brings out the old soul in me.

I love this Yellow Submarine! One of my favorite psychedelic music and visuals~ 
I like those tin can lunch boxes ~ Everything about it is nostalgic... I have no use for them but it's just fun. I wish I could have found this when I was in elementary, I'm sure I'll be one of those freaks being laughed at by snotty mean girls, but hey that's how I like my style. Hehe.

ANDY WARHOL & POP-ART MANIA
It is quite evident in my daily typical style and lifestyle that I'm so influenced with the Warhol Genius! I enjoyed some Pop-Art Mania along the racks of Village Vanguard seeing books and just random trinkets there.

First there was "The Souper Dress" and everything else followed haha! Now here is a "Souper Bag"! Haha!

This American Signboards are always POP! It's just fun seeing this! If I get a bigger atelier and showroom I think I will grab some of these POP-ART Signs!

American Signboards

So many Andy Warhol books!! Always nice seeing Andy Warhol books even in different language! Spread the Pop-Art Culture!

Andy Warhol books at Village Vanguard!

WE LOVE YOU YAYOI KUSAMA!
Who doesn't?! She's the ultimate DOT-Goddess of Art?! Haha! I love how the dots are taking over the world?! Bwahahaha!

DOTS! DOTS! DOTS!
We Love Yayoi Kusama Book
More Yayoi Kusama Books! More DOTS!

It was so fun to see a Yayoi Kusama scarf! I still believe that Yayoi Kusama should have a tights designed... I'd definitely get one of those! YAYOI KUSAMA SHOULD HAVE A TIGHTS DESIGN!!
Yayoi Kusama Scarf~ 
Finally! After THREE PARTS! I've finally concluded my Village Vanguard (Exciting Bookstore) experience in Shinsaibashi! I must say, these three posts aren't even enough to show how fun and interesting this shop is! They always have this new strange thing on their racks and I guess that's the fun of this shop! 


Exciting Bookstore Village Vanguard Shinsaibashi
BookshopAddress: 1-10-28 Nishi-Shinsaibashi Chūō-ku Osaka
Operating Hours: 11:00 - 23:00
Website: http://www.village-v.co.jp/

6 comments:

  1. WIsh you could have got ANDY WARHOL bag. you llike his pop art so much... but i also enjoy villege vanguard so much too haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that Andy Warhol bag fits my new UNIQLO dress! Haha!

      Delete
  2. where's part two? i only see one and three. or am i going crazy? haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my bad! I actually posted Part 2 first before I finished Part 1 and 3 haha yeah that's messed up hahaha! Here it is! http://tracydizon.blogspot.com/2013/04/part-2-ere-guroi-awesomeness-at-village.html

      Delete
  3. You secretly like Beatles and I did not know about that at first. Actually many people like Beatles and I need to learn more about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't secretly like them, I like them a lot. Norwegian Wood is a Beatles Song actually.

      Delete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤