Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tiara's Atom Hat on SOEN Magazine's 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4 Twist by Misha Janette (May 2013)

SOEN Magazine May 2013 Issue
Misha Janette's 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4: Twist
Photos by: Mami Tanabe
Monthly Column by: Misha Janette
Before this long month of May comes to an end, I must post this! I must have overlooked and did not get to post this Tiara by Tracy Dizon Milestone here on my personal blog. Sometimes I get too spaced-out and overwhelmed that I forget to write it! But this is too good to be forgotten! Words cannot express the joy and happiness to see one of my creations be published in a very fierce Japanese Fashion Magazine ~ SOEN MAGAZINE!! 

SOEN MAGAZINE May 2013 Issue
(Whaaaaa! Even on a KIKO MIZUHARA COVER!! So URESHI!!! I couldn't thank Misha Janette enough for believing in my works)
 

Technically, this issue was available on-stand during the month of April 2013 so I've already backlogged two months... but to a dreamer and a young designer like me this moment is timeless! I've always dreamed to be published in a fashion magazine~ I even collected any minor blurbs, shout-outs and features I get from anywhere! It never gets old for me! 

(I can still remember my first time to have a shout-out in a newspaper for being a finalist in a nationwide fashion design contest and was sooo sad when they published my name wrong?! HUHU! That really sucks! ) 

SOEN Magazine May 2013 Issue
Misha Janette's 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4: Twist
Photos by: Mami Tanabe
Monthly Column by: Misha Janette










I just wanna shout out how grateful I am to Misha Janette for believing in my designs. This "Atom Hat" I've especially made for her few months ago, of course it looks wayyyy fiercer with Misha Janette. Haha! I just had to have this photo taken so I have a memento of this special design I've made for her! Haha! My model didn't come  during the scheduled photoshoot so I was forced to werq-it-out... OMG! It is hard to be a model!? See how dorky I look?! 

October 2012 ~ Tiara by Tracy Dizon's Atom Hat in Technicolor! Haha!
Photo by: Sylver Sy Make-up by: Diane Lorenzana

Anyways, my design is more important than how dorky I look. Haha! It was fun anyways! It was a very fun design project for me... I'm so glad Misha and I gelled well with the ideas and design concepts! She really is a very interesting fashion authority I can't even say how grateful I am to have worked with her! I feel I get more inspired and more motivated to go cray-cray on my designs! It's so freeing!

October 2012 ~ Conglomeration of design ideas ranging from Misha Janette's Personal 2.5 Dimension Style, molecular models, Nenet's past designs and Yayoi Kusama's Polka Dot print

Going back to SOEN's 2.5 Dimension Life~ it is actually my favorite and I find it a super inspiring monthly write-up... I always look forward to the English version online 'coz Misha Janette has this very global and very open-minded view on fashion, it's one of the most interesting fashion views I always look up to, having the view from Tokyo ~ where creativity is limitless, her editorials are very fresh and (I will say this once again...) freeing! This "Twist" Issue was about transforming and reinventing fashion pieces... Incidentally, she was wearing a very interesting fashion piece from Runurunu ~ a Japanese brand known for its' twisty tapes and inventive patterns! How awesome is that!? My orbiting technicolored "Atom Hat" even made it to these awesome ensemble?! I kinda feel I'm a-bit-of-an-awesome-designer myself! Haha! (Okay let me soak-it-in haha)


SOEN Magazine May 2013 Issue Misha Janette's 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4: Twist
Photos by: Mami Tanabe  Monthly Column by: Misha Janette
SOEN Magazine May 2013 Issue Misha Janette's 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4: Twist
Photos by: Mami Tanabe  Monthly Column by: Misha Janette
Clothes: Runurunu  Shoes: Finsk ★ Hat: Tiara by Tracy Dizon's Atom Hat 
SOEN Magazine May 2013 Issue Misha Janette's 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4: Twist
Photos by: Mami Tanabe  Monthly Column by: Misha Janette
Clothes: Runurunu  Shoes: Finsk ★ Hat: Tiara by Tracy Dizon's Atom Hat 

It was such a great Tokyo morning when I first saw Misha's  2.5 Dimension Life EP.4 Twist photos. How awesome is that?! was actually in Tokyo when I found out and it was even more awesome that my Japanese friends greeted me... Gaining respect from my fellow fashion designers and friends in Japan is priceless... In Manila, I kinda always have this weird feeling that I don't like... I hate doubting my own vision just because everyone thinks it's too weird or too absurd... But there I was in Tokyo embraced by fellow artists, fashion peeps and friends and loved ones with my empathetic eccentricities! Domo arigatou! It is still so surreal to see my design in a Japanese Magazine!! I can't stop thanking Misha, thanking the universe, thanking my Kareshi for bringing a ginormous hatbox back to Tokyo! Haha.. Yes... I wouldn't be able to feel this blissful happiness without everyone... I know I'm one step closer to where I want my designs to be... More nice things to come! I can't wait to share more of this amazeballz happening to Tiara to everyone! 


October 2012 ~ Taka going back to Tokyo carrying the HUGE HatBox for Misha Janette! Haha! 

You may check-out SOEN Magazine's English Feature Fashion Page of 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4:"Twist" and Misha Janette Tokyo Fashion Diaries's Epilogue Post to the 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4 Whaaaaa! it is sooooo surreal!! Come-on congratulate me hahaha!

SOEN Magazine May 2013 Issue Misha Janette's 2.5 Dimension Life EP.4: Twist
Photos by: Mami Tanabe  Monthly Column by: Misha Janette
Clothes: Runurunu  Shoes: Finsk ★ Hat: Tiara by Tracy Dizon's Atom Hat
(oooooh can y'all see my Atom Hat?!?!)


MISHA JANETTE
Fashion Blog "Tokyo Fashion Diaries" Editor
Fashion Journalist / Stylist / Plumb wigs designer

www.TokyoFashionDiaries.com
www.mishajanette.com
www.plumb-world.com
Twitter: @FashionTubuyaki


SOEN MAGAZINE
Editorial Fashion Magazine (Japan)
Published by: Bunka Publishing Bureau 
http://fashionjp.net/soen/
Twitter: @soen_henshubu

9 comments:

  1. Haha my heavy load was rewarded now haha. Great success and keep trying !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes! You worked very hard for it too haha thanks luv haha

      Delete
  2. lol! i love that photo of you modeling the headpiece!
    also, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I never had any "good shot" where my eyes are open hahaha I'm such a dork hahah modeling is hard!!

      Delete
  3. This is sooo wonderful! A moment I'm sure you will never forget, and I'm sure there's many more to come for Tiara in Tokyo *^O^* I'm so glad to watch you grow! Congratulations! Also the modelling pic of you is sooo cute! Hehe

    Love Em oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em!!! OMG it's been ages I haven't visted my happy-place-blog huhu! busybee busybee!! Thanks for the greets!!! HAHA that dorky modeling photo haha it was really hardcore hard, Models are amazing! I was as stiff as a statue hahaha!!

      Delete
  4. Omedetou Gozaimasu! Where can I get SOEN? I want a copy!! You are so amazing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley!! Hello!! SOEN is available big bookstores, you'll love SOEN omg it's totally fierce editorial magazine!! You can check out TSUTAYA and JUNKUDO (there's one in Center Gai in Sannomiya, Kobe!) Although this is a back issue already though (MAY 2013) but there are some bookstores that sells back issues I think... I saw one huge bookstore in Umeda, Osaka that sells back issues JUNKUDO Umeda I think! Haha! LIBRO SHIBUYA PARCO PART 1 (basement in Shibuya) sells alot of back issues too! Bookstore geek me. haha!

      Delete
  5. I made you miss many opportunities nowadays. I am so irresponsible about that. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤