Tuesday, May 28, 2013

✻✿ Wake-up and Smell the Roses: My First Spring Blooms in JPN ✿✻

May 6, 2013 Ebisu Garden Place ~  Yeah I look like a dork here... I know. LOL. But I couldn't help it! I just have to take a photo with the pretty flowers in this pretty garden place in Ebisu (I didn't realize this was a very famous place where the J-Dorama Hanae Yori Dango had a famous scene wish I could have taken more photos here?! )

One of the best mundane things I've come to really appreciate during my Spring Trip to Tokyo is seeing beautiful flowers everywhere... Literally, I found huge fresh bushes of roses in full bloom just along the street! Living in a tropical country, I find this kind of mundane thing as a great wonder... I could literally, "Wake-up and smell the roses!" right outside my doorstep!

May 6, 2013 Toyocho ~ Huge full-bloom roses just right outside my doorstep... I kept telling Kareshi how lucky he is to get to see nature's beauty in everyday life. I literally tried waking up and smelling these pretty roses!  

This trip was my first ✻✿ SPRING ✿✻ trip to Japan, I always end up coming to Japan during summer, autumn and my last trip before this one was winter! I didn't get to see the pretty sakura... but it's okay... Seeing flowers bloom anywhere we go is rewarding enough! Plus, I think I'll be freezing to death during the Cherry Blossoms Week... Spring is still too cold for me! Haha! What a wimpy girl! Everyone I meet up was laughing at me wearing those winter gloves on my hand. HEHE. But spring is nice especially those mundane flowers I get to see everywhere... I didn't notice I had some photos randomly shot anywhere I see nice flowers so I thought I could compile it into one entry... Flowers are always nice and pretty ✿ 

April 27, 2013 Mitaka, Tokyo ~ Right in front of the Reversible Destiny Lofts I  found these yellow flowers to match my shoes! Haha! So cute! I saw Taka taking photos of the nice flowers at this time so I copied him LOL

I (always) wish I could have taken more photos of flowers but I'm always torn between saving my battery. Device battery-life of devices nowadays (especially iPhone?!) are sooooo fast to die down!! Well, this was my exact thought when I was taking these photos I vividly remember... Well, I'm lucky I got to take some at least to share here at least!

April 27, 2013 Mitaka, Tokyo ~ These were just actually random flowers along the street and highway even!


We went to Ginza on a very fine day... very fine day indeed! Since there was an on-going Flower Festival that the whole shopping street of Ginza was closed to vehicles! That seemed a special event indeed... Well I was just a bystander~ (a gaijin bystander even) so I didn't know how are Flower Festivals celebrated in Ginza... We were just literally in Ginza to shop (for scarves because I was freezing haha) and window shop haha! But we were so lucky to even see a nice festival!

April 29, 2013 Ginza Crossing ~ A very special rare time Ginza Road was closed for vehicles because of the Flower Festival hence... A good time to take photos by the famous Ginza Crosswalk! Haha! PhotoOp time!!


As we were walking along the Shopping Stree of Ginza, we noticed this lovely sight of bed-full of flowers... I asked Taka what's it for and he just said, he read the banners said "Flower Festival", so may be they're gonna showcase nice flowers as these... They were so nice to look at!


April 29, 2013 Ginza, Tokyo ~ The Ginza Shopping Street was closed because the side street was filled with this beautiful flowerbed of spring flowers! 
April 29, 2013 Ginza, Tokyo ~ Beautiful flowerbed during the Flower Festival!

It's nice to see especially in a very posh area of Ginza these flower bed of beauties! It was really a relaxing stroll indeed! Nice shops, nice sunshine (fairly warmer weather) and side streets filled with bed-full of flowers~ Lucky us! Haha!

April 29, 2013 ~ Easy-breezy stroll in Ginza with Taka 


To tell you the truth I'm not really a nature person... Atreyu always tease me how "You're not a nature-lover, Mommy." 'coz I loathe the beach (because I don't like the sand on my clothes or on my body at all), I don't like outdoor activities where I'll get sweat and dirty... basically I'm a NORMAL GIRL haha... (and I was really born and raised in a CITY my whole 30 years of existence) But seeing how beautiful nature can be even in a  very urban place like Tokyo... I must admit that I really enjoyed seeing it around me... even in a small doze. What I like about Japanese Culture is how almost everyone have great amount of appreciation and love for nature... I'm probably so jaded about a "Flower Festival" idea that I would probably think flowers would just be for sale or it's just a commercial means to profit during spring but I was so surprised that by the end of the Flower Festival in Ginza, they literally gave all the beautiful flowers away to anyone who wants to have a piece of those beautiful blooms! Now that's really how should a flower festival should be! Best way to appreciate the beauty of those spring flowers!


April 29, 2013 Ginza, Tokyo ~ The beautiful flowerbed was given away to everyone who wanted a piece of those beauties at their own household! I wanted to get Taka some and also give them as gifts to my Tokyo friends but Taka said it would be too big to bring. Huhu. I regret not getting my own! Well, I know I cannot bring it back to Manila, though... 

Taka and I were so weird that we went to fall in line along with everyone who wanted to take some flowers from the Flower Festival but we didn't get. Well, you know guys, everything is PRACTICAL-PRACTICAL. Hehe. He didn't want to bring along a huge bag of flowers, I don't really know how I'll keep them to give as gifts... So OKAY... haha! But I still regret not getting any flowers LOL!

May 6, 2013 A playground in Toyocho nearby our hotel ~ Taka and I always sit or stop by a short while here because we always think about how Atreyu would enjoy playing here...

As I mentioned above, I always enjoyed seeing those big roses right outside my hotel... It was around this area that I always see nice flowers around... especially those full-bloom roses!

May 6, 2013 Toyocho ~ Such pretty and fragrant yellow roses! It's an addiction to sniff them  everytime I pass by haha!
May 6, 2013 ~ Seeing this bush or full bloom red roses reminded me of The Little Prince (It's Atreyu's favorite story time)

Seeing a those bushes of full bloom red roses reminded me of some lines from one of my favorite book ~ "The Little Prince"  when he found thousand of common roses on Earth and realized in the end how special his roses was... It goes like this:

The Little Prince and those thousands of common roses~ Hehe. I'm segueing again in my own storyline. Gomen nasai. But it's a good little excerpt. ^_^
"I thought that I was rich, with a flower that was unique in all the world; and all I had was a common rose. A common rose, and three volcanoes that come up to my knees--and one of them perhaps extinct forever . . . That doesn't make me a very great prince . . ."
“You're beautiful, but you're empty...One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together, since she's the one I've watered. Since she's the one I put under glass, since she's the one I sheltered behind the screen. Since she's the one for whom I killed the caterpillars (except the two or three butterflies). Since she's the one I listened to when she complained, or when she boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing at all. Since she's my rose.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
Moving along... Sorry for segueing a little, one of my favorite spots was this garden reception spot in Ebisu Garden Place... I was so in love with it that I keep nagging Taka, "I wanna get married here, okay!?" Oh yeah, what a bossy kanojo haha! But it felt like a secret garden place I just fell in love with it!


May 6, 2013  Ebisu Garden Place ~ My make-believe future wedding reception. LOL. I just love this place so much! 
For some reason may be flowers makes me feel extra romantic and just simply feel like a fairy tale? Haha I dunno, but it was nice... I think it's a rare chance that I'll be writing about "nature" but the flowers made me do it! I'm just happy to experience this first spring in Tokyo! Hoping for more spring days in Japan again in the next coming years...✿✻

11 comments:

  1. awww, those flowers are all so pretty!! This part of nature can easily be taken for granted, but its so nice when we stop our busy lives to literally "smell the roses" haha. We have some pretty roses that bloom near our door step and I love it when they do, makes our house look so pretty! And when they're in full bloom I put some in vases around the house hehe






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG hahaha I didn't know I already published it! LOL! I was having a bad internet connection I literally didn't know it this is already published hahaha! *blush* comeback again later I have more photos to post here HAHA!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! Silly internet! Thats OK, I just read the second half (=^.^=) aww the secret garden.... that's going to be sooo pretty for your wedding, the dress you have picked out will suit perfectly!... (just joking, trying to scare Taka haha! )

      Delete
    3. haha yes! it's soooo beautiful right?! Taka just pretended he didn't see it LOL hahaha!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed the flowers in this post! Yes, flowers should be given away freely to anyone who wants them after a special flower festival :P I like how you match the flowers in the picture with the stickers you add on later :P

    With love,
    Amaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually hard to match the flowers with the stickers haha! but it worked out at least! It was really nice they gave away the flowers after the flower festival!

      Delete
  3. Haha the funniest one is that you own the crosswalk in Ginza. Haha you always own a street. I don't really find roses so often so you're lucky to see roses everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those photos by the Ginza Crosswalk those were one of the best days I really enjoyed in my last trip haha! Those roses are so nice to see and smell!

      Delete
  4. wow, so beautiful. i love nature but i'm also scared of the insects it attracts, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh me too!! I'm scared of the insects and bugs haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Ebisu garden place was nice and you looked at it as a future wedding place. It would be nice to have wedding

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤