Friday, July 19, 2013

Kawaii Maneki Neko (Kansai Winter Edition)

It has been AGES since I've posted some Maneki Neko lovin'! I think I need some Maneki Neko magic these days. Please Maneki Neko, please cheer me up? Last week until this week (oh and the whole month of June) has been nasty... I mean really roadblocks~ deaths, red tapes and BV people... I always try to cheer up but life just has a way to sneak up on you every time. Lucky for others who doesn't have any pressure and who can manage to play while working, how lucky. Maneki Neko, I don't ask so much, I don't ask to rule the world nor I don't ask to rule the cyber world even, they can all just take that... all I ask is just take away my streak of bad luck?? Okay, I'm talking to a super-natural cat, well, just in case you can read my blog, please bring us a little bit of good luck?

January 4, 2013 ~ Maneki Neko in Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka!
More Maneki Neko fun finds in Kansai!

I have back-logged for half a year. Gomen nasai, but the consolation to it is posting this Kansai Winter Edition blog post brings me back nice trip memories Taka, Atreyu and I had last New Year. It's so unbelievable that time really flew so fast, it's already July... I remember flying on the New Year's Eve of 2013 to Osaka to spend the holidays with Taka... Atreyu insisted on bringing along "Okaeri Neko" (he named my Black Maneki Neko ~ "Okaeri"


December 31, 2012 ~ NAIA 1 on board wit Philippine Airlines! Okaeri Neko joined me and Atreyu to our trip to Kansai last winter. Lucky indeed, Okaeri Neko had free ride! Haha!


Atreyu couldn't leave Okaeri Neko alone in Manila especially during the holidays .. He even asked Taka's Maneki Neko... "Taka Neko" to come along all the way from Tokyo so they will have a slumber party. So cute! Haha!



January 2, 2013 ~ Kobe Luminous Hotel, Hyogo Atreyu having a slumber party with his Maneko Neko friends! They had all the big bed all for them!!
January 2, 2013 ~ Kobe Luminous Hotel, Hyogo Atreyu having a slumber party with his Maneko Neko friends! They had all the big bed all for them!!
We are one Maneki Neko loving bunch indeed, I remember playing "LDR KrisKringle" games with Kareshi before this Kansai Trip and I even got Taka some Maneki Neko (and Daruma) stuff just for fun. 


December 2012 ~ Kareshi and I were playing KrisKringle and we has "Something Maneki Neko" as one of our games!
Maneki Neko is very popular especially during the New Year holidays in Japan... I had a whole lots of Maneki Neko sightings everywhere and surely I enjoyed snapping them! From Kyoto to Kobe to Osaka... I saw a lot of Maneki Neko cuties!! Atreyu and Taka also helped me to find them, too!

あけましておめでとうございます 招き猫!
(Happy New Year, Maneki Neko!)
Fushimi Inari Taisha, Kyoto

Mochiron there were armies of Maneki Neko found around Fushimi Inari Taisha in Kyoto during the New Year Holidays. Maneki Neko is one of the popular Japanese lucky charms. Even on a regular non-holiday, temples and shrines souvenir shops are filled with Maneki Neko... of course more so on New Year's Day!


January 1, 2013 ~ Armies of kawaii Maneki Neko I found at Fushimi Inari Taisha in Kyoto!


Inevitably, I was so happy to "sneak-attack" some snaps of the cutest Maneki Neko stuff I found! Hehe. Sneaky. Sneaky me.

January 1, 2013 ~ Kawaii Maneki-Neko Charms spotted at the Fushimi Inari Taisha Market! Perfect souvenir!
January 1, 2013 ~ I got this for my own self-omiyage... Kewpie x Maneki Neko combo! Haha! I found some bliss finding this haha!
January 1, 2013 ~ More Maneki Neko figurines found at the Fushimi Inari Taisha! 
Inevitably, Kyoto on a New Year Holiday has a lot of Maneki Neko and I'm so happy to snap them all... Wish I can get them all, but I'll end up to be the crazy cat lady if I did that haha! There were other interesting Maneki Neko sightings around Kansai!

Nihao, Maneki Neko?
Chinatown Nankin-Machi (Nanjingtown), Sannomiya, Kobe
Nihao? Am I in China? LOL. Nah, I just passed by Nankinmachi (Nanjingtown) in Kobe and had a glimpse of the cleanest Chinatown I've ever seen haha! Mochiron, there's a Maneki Neko sighting in a take-out bag! Hello there Maneki-Neko! Ni hao!

January 2, 2013 ~ Nihao, Maneki Neko! Chinatown Nankinmachi (Nanjingtown)
There were so many good food and good shopping finds in Nankinmachi! It's nice to bump to a Maneki Neko bag along Chinatown in Kobe! Haha!

Maneki Neko Calendar?
Center Gai, Sannomiya, Kobe
January 3, 2013 ~ Ceneter Gai, Sannomiya, Kobe... Passed by this traditional shop and mochiron I took a snap of this cute Maneki Neko Calendar (?) I'm not sure what it is!
Since it was a New Year Holiday there were lots of calendar items with Maneki Neko in it. It made me happy to see lots of them mochiron! Haha!

Tokyu Hands Maneki Neko Kawaii Finds!
Shinsaibashi, Osaka

Oh I found the Kawaii Maneki Neko LAIR over here!! From toys, knick-knacks, pens, so many fun Maneki Neko things! I've snapped a few of my faves! It's such a joy to visit Tokyu Hands they have the cutest and most fun stuff! 

January 4,2013 ~ Window display during the New Year Holiday at the Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka! Omedetou, Maneki Neko!

The window display at Tokyu Hands in Shinsaibashi, Osaka was Maneki Neko themed then! Must be a lucky charm to welcome everyone with the cutest beckoning cat! 

January 4, 2013 ~  Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka
A Beckoning Maneki Neko Curtain welcomes us inside Tokyu Hands! It's one of the top suggestions as gift items for the New Year Holiday!
Mochiron, more Maneki Neko Calendars sightings... Please Maneki Neko, bring us good luck for the whole year! Haha! I love the neko cut-out shaped at the right!

January 4, 2013 ~  Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka
Maneki Neko Calendars!

Since Tokyu Hands is a vast craftstore, mochiron there were several interesting Maneki Neko Japanese Crafts like...
Maneki Neko Origami
 Paper Art Maneki Neko would still look welcoming and adorable! 


January 4, 2013 ~  Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka
Maneki Neko Origami!

Maneki Neko Furoshiki Fabric
This traditional wrapping cloth was made even cuter and more charming with a Maneki Neko print on it!

January 4, 2013 ~  Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka
Maneki Neko Furoshiki Origami!

... And this one I'm not sure what it really is. Gomen nasai. hehe. I'm not sure if it's like those traditional New Year greeting card. Well it has Maneki Neko, Daruma and that giant lucky fish (Tai: )  are all fun!

January 4, 2013 ~  Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka
Maneki Neko, Daruma and Tai
(I dunno what this paper is... Greeting card?)
I also found this fun Maneki Neko pen but I couldn't seem to take a photo of it clearly! WTH? Why my camera won't snap it correctly? Haha! See i have three shots and nothing good! Hope Maneki Neko is still recognizable!

January 4, 2013 ~  Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka
Maneki Neko Pen!

This is my favorite find! A Maneki Neko NANOBLOCK! Well, Atreyu and I never got to built any of his Nanoblock because it's freakin hard to build but... It's just awesome to see interesting characters to build like Maneki Neko!! 

January 4, 2013 ~  Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka
Maneki Neko Nanoblock! 
January 4, 2013 ~  Tokyu Hands, Shinsaibashi, Osaka
Maneki Neko Nanoblock! 
I enjoyed (and I always do enjoy) Tokyu Hands so much for all the quirky Maneki Neko finds I've found... Mainly because Maneki Neko is everywhere! Not only seen as this traditional figurine... but even at a different  medium... So Maneki Neko can shun it's good luck charms on everywhere! Haha!

いってきますもんちち as 招き猫!
(Ittekimasu, Monchichi as Maneki Neko!)
KIX, Osaka

Before going back to Manila for this Kansai Winter Trip, Atreyu and I had a chance to stroll around the KIX Airport! I love KIX because there are really a lot of things to see! It was sweet to find and bid goodbye to Monchichi wearing Maneki NekoIt's always fun to see characters wearing another characters! 

January 5, 2013 ~  KIX, Osaka
Monchichi as Maneki Neko

Unconsciously, our fascination with Maneki Neko has been a fun photo blogging hobby for me. I've noticed I've enjoyed taking fun snaps of Maneki Neko everywhere... Actually, I couldn't miss posting this (even if it's super backlogged) so I can post more Maneki Neko sightings in Tokyo last spring! Hehe. I must say it has been fun! Hope this brings me luck hehe! There has been more and more sightings of this kawaii good luck charmer on my last trip! More Maneki Neko sightings up next!

... つづく

5 comments:

  1. What many maneki Neko you checked out. There are a lot I didn't realize haha. But it's just all cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Atreyu were pointing to me where I can find more! Haha! It was fun finding them with you both!

      Delete
  2. I didnt' know they were called monchichi.. I was wondering what were those called cause I wanted to collect them.. .Hhahahhahaaa


    I'm not a cat person but I like cat prints.. they're so kawaii >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The monkey-looking one? Haha! Yeah that's Monchichi! They're popular in Japan I think!

      I'm a cat person more than a dog person (OMG I'm scared of Dogs)

      Delete
  3. It is sad that you may not like maneki neko anymore.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤