Saturday, August 10, 2013

Toreishi's Homage to Yayoi Kusama:"We ❤ Yayoi Kusama in Manila!"

In the spirit of Yayoi Kusama visiting Manila, I'm proud to make my own speciail edition Yayoi Kusama-inspired Mini-Orbs headpiece Atom Hat! Oh yeah... #TiarabyTracyDizon!

In the spirit of Yayoi Kusama in Manila Festivities, I wanna excite myself even more by making my little Yayoi Kusama Homage Blog Post! Scavenged from my friends and my sneak attack pics from my Japan trips and more! Haha! I love Yayoi Kusama's SPOTS!!


Conversations in Art | Akira Tatehata A Lecture on Yayoi Kusama | August 10, 2013| 4:00 PM| Ayala Museum GF
Looking forward to later ~ August 10th 
I can finally check Yayoi Kusama's Exhibit at the Ayala Museum!

(Hello August! I've missed you my dear happy blog place of mine! It sucks my laptop is on hiatus right now since it needed to be sent back to Acer. Boo. Windows 8 has so many glitches!) Anws, I have been long anticipating to come and see Yayoi Kusama's Exhibit at the Ayala Museum! It has been open since July 2013 (and will run until September 2013)! I wanted to go and visit right away but my designer pals and I couldn't find time to get together and see the genius works of Yayoi Kusama altogether! (*Sigh* It gets busy for everyone that it's so hard to find time! Seriously!) But finally, I'm excited to finally find some time to come and visit the exhibit and also attend the Akira Tatehata lecture on Yayoi Kusama, I'm sure it would be a very interesting talk. I'm looking forward in a few hours to learn more about it! (I'm even so excited writing about it now I need to hurry up and head my way to Ayala Museum NOW!!)

Yayoi Kusama【草間 彌生】: one of the leading and most influential figures of the avant-garde art scene


In my recent trips to Japan, both in Osaka and Tokyo, I've been fascinated seeing more and more Yayoi Kusama works, books, merchandise spreading all over Village Vanguard and other contemporary stores... I always remember my fashion designer friends, Dimple Lim and Renan Pacson because they're few among the first friends of mine who shared fascination with Yayoi Kusama... So instinctively, I always take a picture of Yayoi things I see in my trips thinking I will show I will show them those. Hehe. I dunno why I do that really. I'm weird. 

My good friend and super fierce fashion designer, Renan Pacson at the Infinity Room by Yayoi Kusama in Amsterdam last August 2012 such an awesome photo?!

Yayoi Kusama created a lot of significant and memorable works in the different fields from Sculptures, Painting, Film, Writing, Fashion and many mixed media through-out the six decades (in counting) of her life as an artist, not only in Japan but was also influential globally in the Art World. Her trademark spots has been her signature avant-garde style that has become very popular world-wide. She collaborated also with many great brands and companies like Lancome, Bloomingdales, Louis Vuitton, etc. and awarded with highest respect among artists and world-wide. I'm amazed how she influenced great designers and artists like Comme Des Garcons' Rei Kawakubo and even the musician artist Yoko Ono. How awesome is that?! She's one ART GODDESS!

January 4, 2013 ~ Village Vanguard Shinsaibashi Osaka!
"We love Yayoi Kusama" Book found at the Village Vanguard!

On my last trip to Kansai last winter... I've started to see more and more Yayoi Kusama stuff selling on shopping racks! I love seeing her spots in Village Vanguard! Go Yayoi invasion!

January 4, 2013 ~ Village Vanguard Shinsaibashi Osaka
More Yayoi Kusama books at the Village Vanguard Shinsaibashi Osaka!

Young and sexy Yayoi Kusama illustration on scarf! Awesome find in Village Vanguard last Winter in Osaka!

January 4, 2013 ~ Village Vanguard Shinsaibashi Osaka
Hot Sexy Yayoi Kusama! Haha!

On my last trip in Tokyo last Spring... More Yayoi Kusama has invaded more stores! Whaaaaa! The spots are so addicting!

May 1, 2013 ~ Yayoi Kusama Pumpkin Dotted Keychain at Village Vanguard Shibuya!

I was so excited to find the newly opened Shibuya Hikarie Department Store in Shibuya was invaded with so many Yayoi goods! SPOTS! SPOTS! SPOTS!


May 4, 2013 ~ Shibuya Hikarie was invaded by Yayoi Kusama Postcards, T-shirts, Pillows and Boxes! Oh what a joy!

More Yayoi Kusama Postcards, Scarves, Tote Bags and many more! Hehe... Yes, I wanna hoard them all! SPOTS!!

May 4, 2013 ~ Shibuya Hikarie Any #OOTD would look so extra-fierce, avant-garde and artsy with the these Yayoi Kusama Scarves! 


It's such a joy to have a little piece of Yayoi with the cute spotted goods! How adorable are those Pin buttons with Yayoi Kusama Illustrations?!


May 1, 2013 ~ Shibuya Hikarie more more Yayoi Kusama Pin Buttons!! 

I was happy to get my own little piece of Yayoi Kusama this time, I got some postcards for my friends and my own Yayoi Kusama stickers!! Yes, I'm a child wanting stickers haha! But I'm happy to share postcards to my friends!

May 1, 2013 ~ Yayoi Kusama shopping haul! Postcards for friends!


A repost photo from my super awesome fabulous fashion friend Renan! I sent him a little piece of Yayoi souvenir from Tokyo! Snail mails are good old classics... I enjoy sharing postcards to friends especially when I'm traveling! It feels like I can share my trip with my friends, too! 

May 2013 ~ Yayoi Postcard for Renan arrived in Manila

My personal loot for myself are these Yayoi Kusama Stickers!! I'm so happy I get to stick them on my diary planner haha! I have a little piece of Yayoi Art in my daily life! Haha!

Yayoi Kusama Sticker!! Yahoo! My favorite loot! Haha
My Daily Diary Planner filled with Yayoi Kusama Art... errrr... Stickers! Haha!

Personally, I love the sickly patterns of squid and octopus tentacles, I really find them appetizing. Hehe. I remember my Nihon-jin friends (Moto and Hitomi) were always surprised how I love eating the tentacles in our meals and one way or another we always end up talking about Yayoi Kusama's trademark art incorporated with the squid/octopus tentacles. Haha! I love how influential Yayoi Kusama's art has become in the everyday lives of Japanese that's how strong and moving of an artist she has become... greatly in Japan but definitely not only in Japan! 

May 3, 2013 ~ Ueno, Tokyo! Sick Octopus tentacles reminds me of Yayoi Prints and Patterns! Haha! I love it!

Now I'm so happy that I can also get a glimpse and celebrate my appreciation here in Manila! I even made a special edition Mini-orbs Tiara by Tracy Dizon Headpiece inspired with Yayoi! It's an honor to be inspired by such great ART GODDESS! I can't wait to wear it later! 


In the spirit of Yayoi Kusama visiting Manila, I'm proud to make my own speciail edition Yayoi Kusama-inspired Mini-Orbs headpiece Atom Hat! Oh yeah... #TiarabyTracyDizon!
Oh yeah! I'm excited to dress-up Yayoi-themed later!! Wearing my Yayoi Kusama headpiece! I'm so proud of this! If you happened to be in Makati City today, you might want to drop by the Ayala Museum and check it out later at 4:00pm! I will also stand as the official mascot of Yayoi today, too. LOL. Just kidding. But I wouldn't mind doing that so for the ART GODDESS YAYOI! Go infect Manila with your spots! See you later!!

Yayoi Kusama's Exhibit at the Ayala Museum
Okay I really should get going now! I should go prepare to see Yayoi Kusama! Haha! See you later! So excited!

August 9, 2013 ~ Passed by here yesterday after delivering some of my merchadize in AC+632! Really excited to check it out today!

5 comments:

  1. i can see this is your style. dotty designs with pop sense. i know you are really fan of those avantgarde designs. i feel your creativity haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I like how your post introduces Yayoi Kusuma to readers in a simple way that also allows them to appreciate her work & yours too!

    With love,
    Amaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amaya! Thank you for always reading through my posts you always get the vibe and my message in my post! I really appreciate it! I do want to simply introduce yayoi in my blog at the simplest way i can... as much as I wish to be some hardcore artist i'm not hehe! But nonetheless I got to love her and her genius!

      Delete
  3. Yayoi Kusama gives you inspirations. Hope you could do more like that

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I don't publish ANONYMOUS comments!❤